The visual aspect and layout of your Shopify store depends on the Theme which is Published to your store.
You can choose from the collection of Shopify’s Free or Premium Themes in the Theme store.
You can add multiple themes to your store but only one of these can be published as your store’s Theme.
To view and mange the settings for your current theme:
1. Go to the Online Store tab from the admin panel.
2. Click on the Themes tab.
3. Click the Customize button.
You will be directed to the Themes customizer.
NOTE: These options are all theme specific, meaning they would have to be reconfigured if you switch themes.
The customizer displays:
1. The theme name (Debut)
2. The page being displayed in the Customizer
3. Options for viewing desktop and mobile versions of the current page.
4. On the Theme settings tab you can:
5. Customize theme colours (colors)
6. Customize typography (fonts) site-wide
7. Configure Social Media links for your theme
8. Add a custom Favicon
9. Add and configure cart notifications
10. Customize Checkout page (logo, images, colours, links to policies, etc.)
11. You can also access the current theme’s documentation and support from the author.
6. Typography module lets you change fonts site-wide.
7. Header module of your theme is for uploading a header image, usually a logo. You can also upload a custom site icon or favicon.
1. On the Theme sections tab you will be able to customize sections for the page being displayed.
NOTE: these options change depending on the page being customized. These options are all theme specific, meaning they would have to be reconfigured if you switch themes.
Here you can:
2. Customize theme Header. This is usually site-wide
3. Customize section called Image with text overlay on the home page
4. Configure Featured collection section on the homepage
5. Customize Image with text section on homepage
6. Customize Slideshow section on homepage
7. Add sections available on this theme.
8. Customize theme Footer. This is usually site-wide
Most sections can be added, moved and hidden from view.
The footer area of your theme and its settings are theme specific. This means the options available here vary based on your theme.
1. Click on the Footer tab to expand this module.
2. You will see visibility settings for footer options like navigation links to pages and recent posts, etc.
3. Social Media Links and
4. Payment Method Icons
Depending on the theme, other options may be available here.
Homepage settings are also theme specific which means the available options may differ from theme to theme. To modify these settings on the Homepage module:
1. Slideshow Banner settings let you control the slider function. Information for best practices is provided within the module (dimensions, etc.)
2. Homepage Product settings let you choose a Collection to feature on the homepage.
3. Homepage Product settings also let you select how the collection is displayed.
4. Homepage Content settings are for selecting the page content to display on the homepage. Note that you must have already created and published the page before this step.
Product Page Settings
Product Page settings are also theme specific which means the available options may vary based on the theme. To modify these settings on the Product Page module:
1. Product Page settings let you specify the content and display options.
2. Sharing Buttons settings is to modify options for sharing buttons on product pages.
Collection Page Settings
Collection Page settings are also theme specific which means the available options may vary based on the theme. To modify these settings on the Collection Page module:
1. Collection Filters are options for displaying collection filters.
2. Collection Page Layout settings are used to modify the layout for collections.
Theme related Blog and Social Settings
Blog Page settings are also theme specific. These settings are not your core blog settings, they are additional options unique to each theme.
Social Sharing settings are also theme specific. These settings are not your core blog settings, they are just additional options unique to each theme.
Checkout Page Settings
Checkout Page settings are also theme specific which means the available options may vary based on the theme. To modify these settings on the Checkout module:
1. Banner settings let you customize the checkout page by adding banner backgrounds or colours.
2. Logo settings are for customizing the checkout page with a logo and tagline.
3. Colors settings are for customizing some of the element colours on the checkout page.