E-commerce or selling online plays a great role in how products and services are bought. Selling online could be a great way to increase profitability while keeping a low overhead. If setup correctly, it is also a way to streamline administrative tasks and develop relationships with customers and partners.
The Benefits of Selling Online
Selling online has many advantages over the traditional selling methods:
• Lower marketing costs. Less need to advertise locally (print advertising) and
• better return from marketing to a broader audience.
• Low set-up and operation costs. Less rent, less staff.
• Increasing sales opportunities by selling to a larger audience.
• Providing customers convenience of buying from anywhere, anytime.
• Quicker payments from online transactions.
• Using online store as a database for inventory and sales.
• Easier tracking of customer buying trends for marketing purposes.
Online selling works best provided you have:
• products or services that are clearly defined and can be sold without personal interaction.
• fixed prices and competitive shipping rates.
• products or services that you can guarantee to deliver within a specific period of time.